- 1 pound ground chuck
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 small yellow onion
- Avocado oil
- Mix the ground chuck and spices well and form into 4 large patties. Set aside.
- Thinly slice 1/2 yellow onion.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add a glug of avocado oil to the pan.
- Saute the onions with salt and pepper until transparent. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Place the hamburger steak patties in the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes per side, then top with the onions and place the skillet in the oven at 350 degrees until the hamburger steaks are cooked through (about 10 to 15 minutes).
- Serve with onions and baked sweet potato fries.