Five on Friday – My Favorite Apps this Month
When it comes to apps on my phone, I like to keep things streamlined. I don’t like having lots of apps to flip through to get to what I need, so I try to keep my apps pared down so that I only have ones that I actually use regularly. This month, I downloaded a few new apps that I love. I’m sharing those and some of the other apps that I use regularly and can’t live without today!
- The Bible for Kids App – I just downloaded this app a few weeks ago and Jack loves it! It uses animated images, music, and narration to tell Bible stories, then checks comprehension with games. Jack is not old enough for the games by himself yet, but he loves watching the stories and when I complete the games with him and they play the trumpets and throw confetti, he always laughs and claps his hands. This is a great way to get kids interested in Bible stories, and I think we will use this app for a long time. Older kids could definitely use this by themselves – it is set up like a board game and each story they watch/read and complete gains them stars and badges. This app is FREE, which makes it even better!
- The Project Life App by Becky Higgins – Y’all…this app is going to change my life. I have been so overwhelmed with how to document Jack’s first year (I planned to make a photo book on Shutterfly, but I let it go for so long that I didn’t know where to start). With this app, I can make scrapbook pages using the photos on my phone. When I finish my pages, I can order a photo book directly from the app. I have already finished half of Jack’s baby book and can’t wait to see what the printed photo book looks like. I’m planning to do a longer post about how I am using this app to record our family memories once I actually get a book in my hands and can tell you about the quality. This app is FREE, but there are in-app purchases (like stickers and fonts) that you will probably need to make your pages look the way you want, but they are very affordable. I haven’t ordered a book yet, so I don’t know about the pricing for them, but the convenience of this app and the ease with which I can record memories right on my phone makes this my new favorite thing. Here are a few of the pages I created on the app:
- The Ibotta App – I have had this app on my phone for a couple of years. I use this every time I shop to save a little money. Once you get the FREE app, you just create an account and can start earning cash back on purchases when you grocery shop. Once you earn $20, you can transfer the money into your PayPal account or get gift cards to stores you go to regularly. Usually, the Ibotta offers also stack up with coupons that are available that week so you can save even more. If you’re interested in this app, you can sign up using my referral code to earn $10 just for signing up! Just click this link to create an account and start saving.
- Pinterest – Okay, I know this isn’t a new app or anything that people haven’t heard of before, but it is my all-time favorite. I use it for EVERYTHING – party planning, finding cute outfits, hair and beauty tips, recipes, lesson plan ideas for work, activities to do with Jack. I used to clip pictures out of magazines to save them when I was a teenager, and this is just like that but without stacks of paper everywhere. If you want to follow me on Pinterest, click here.
- Disney Now – I just downloaded this app for Jack and it has been so great. He loves Mickey Mouse, and with this app, I can let him watch episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on demand. The app was free, but I did have to sign up with my TV provider’s information to gain access to the videos.
What are your favorite apps? Let me know in the comments!