I love starting the day with a bowl of oatmeal. It’s hearty and filling, and with the right toppings and mix-ins, it can be a really tasty treat. I used to always eat my oatmeal with lots of brown sugar and bananas, but I’m trying to cut down on added sugar in my diet, so lately I’ve been trying to create oatmeal recipes with little to no added sugar. This recipe tastes like a blueberry muffin and is sweetened with fruit and a little drizzle of honey. It will be one of my favorites this summer, for sure.
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup oats (I love Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 banana
- chopped walnuts (for topping)
- honey (for topping)
- Bring 1 cup of water to boil and add in the oatmeal.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7-8 minutes.
- When oatmeal is almost done, add 1/2 mashed banana and the blueberries to the oatmeal mixture.
- Stir well to incorporate fruit and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until oatmeal has reached your desired consistency.
- Top with 1/2 sliced banana, a few more blueberries, chopped walnuts, and a drizzle of honey.
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. If you make a purchase by using one of these links, The Nap Time Foodie will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. You can read more about our affiliate relationships and advertising here.