This recipe is a staple at our house. It’s easy to toss everything in my slow cooker before I go to work and it’s perfectly tender and has the house smelling amazing when we get home. It’s incredibly easy to do, requires almost no prep, and just does it’s thing in the slow cooker without me having to do anything. On a busy weekday, that’s definitely a win in my book!
- One 2-3 lb chuck roast
- 4 medium russet potatoes, cubed
- 2 handfuls baby carrots
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- Place the chuck roast in the slow cooker. If you want it to cook faster, you can cut it into smaller pieces.
- Season well with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Top with carrots, cubed potatoes, and sliced onion.
- Pour in 1/4 cup beef broth (or you can use water, but it won’t have as much flavor).
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours OR on high for 4-5 hours, until potatoes and carrots are fork tender and meat can be easily shredded with a fork.
This reheats really well, and I usually have a couple days worth of leftovers when I cook a roast this size. I use leftovers for an easy lunch or use them to make sandwiches or my Shredded Beef Stuffed Baked Potatoes.